Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cutting Fabric :: Silhouette


I found a cute plain shirt at Target on the clearance rack & decided it needed to be jazzed up a bit. 


Cutting fabric with the Silhouette really is simple. The most important thing to remember is have a new blade & a new mat. 

Using No Sew Heat Bond, iron onto the back side of your fabric. Let cool & peel off the backing.


Position sticky side down on your Silhouette mat & cut using the indicated blade settings shown in the SIL program.


Peel the negative cuts from the mat just as you would with cutting paper.


Note: You will want a designated blade for cutting fabric. They do sell a blue fabric blade, but come to find out, it is the exact same blade as the normal one just in blue so you know that difference. Same price as well. So, rather than having my LSS order in a special "fabric blade" I was able to just purchase "regular" blade they already had in stock. I just marked the packaging so I would remember which was which. 


This weekend we are having a SURPRISE BABY SHOWER for my youngest sis and we will be decorating onesies with fabric cuts made by my Silhouette. It's going to be such a fun activity and gift for the baby!


Let me know if you have cut fabric with your Silhouette and if you have any suggests or ideas to add!


1 comment:

Amanda Johnson said...

I totally didnt know you could do it with regular heat & bond! I have been buying the interfacing from them for Colten's "month" shirts, and since I don't sew, they were coming off and getting all wonky! Good to know on this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails