Monday, March 18, 2013

Success :: Surprise Baby Shower

This past Sunday three of my sisters, my mom, & I "broke into" my little sisters house while she was at church. We threw her a small lunch/shower with just us girls & her family. It was so nice to sit and chat and enjoy the afternoon. I loved the fact that we were able to focus on her two kids as they prepare for a new baby. 



You will may recognize many of the decorations were made from a mix of Crate Paper's Little Bo Peep & Little Boy Blue collections. Perfect since we needed to do a gender neutral theme.











The kids had so much fun and just giggled & giggled as they played the "who will baby look like" game. It was so simple to make! I simply printed 4 5x7s; one of each of the family members, cut them horizontally and the kids then mixed & matched the pieces to create a "new family member". LOL!



Their next activity was coloring their own t shirts with fabric markers. I used my Silhouette to create a stencil and traced the "best big brother/sister" outlines for them to fill in. They will look so cute in these at the hospital!






The adults made onesies by ironing on fabric pieces I cut ahead of time with my Silhouette.





By clicking here ----> BABY SHOWER & you will be able to see all of my posts leading up to the shower. I am so glad we were able to pull this off as a surprise. I think they really enjoyed the day!

1 comment:

Shelley Haganman said...

Seriously you need to add party coordinator to your list! What a fabulous event! Loved the photo mix idea! Beautiful Megan!

Related Posts with Thumbnails